Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Co-design project - When Do You Need Laptop Case, and How?

Now it’s time to start the project. Let me begin by recalling my situations to my mind when I was carrying my laptop.

When I got requests of developing a felt laptop case from my customers, what came in my mind was not “a laptop bag with some pockets”, but “a laptop SLEEVE which I can put in my bag”.

Usually I go to my workroom by bicycle, with my backpack putting my laptop, materials and papers in.

I have been wondering it would be nice if I have a laptop sleeve and small case for a power adapter, memory sticks and so on, to protect them from shock and coldness.

And one more occasion that I want to have a laptop case is when I go through hand-carrying baggage check in an airport.

I use my backpack when I take an airplane also. It’s not so nice to be in a hurry to take out my laptop from my bag and put it back in front of people. I have been wondering it would be nice if I can pass by there quickly and smartly.

To minimize this action, “opening a bag and taking it out, then putting it back and closing the bag”, it’s not wise to use a laptop sleeve in a backpack. Because you have to take out your laptop from the sleeve opening fastener or bottom by both hands with your back pack being held in your arm.

In this case, the coolest way is to take out your laptop directly from a shoulder or hand bag. Then I can make “a bag especially with a partition for a laptop”, or I can make “a laptop sleeve which is possible to open and close inside a bag without taking out the sleeve”.

So, can I say that I can make all of them, [shoulder bag / messenger bag] + [sleeve] + [small case], and make them possible to be used both by combination or individual use??

What kind of experiences do you have about your laptop? Please leave your comment!


And here comes a question.
Which item(s) do you want for carrying your laptop, if I make it/them by wool felt for you?

If you have your Facebook account, click here, and click "question" on the left, then answer the question!
If you don’t have the account, check one of the choices below and submit! Thank you for your cooperation!

No comments:

Post a Comment